07506 547 460
The New Greasley Singers Privacy Notice
The New Greasley Singers Privacy Notice
Who we are and what we do
The New Greasley Singers (TNGS) is a registered charity (charity number ew20685) governed by its membership and managed by its Committee (comprising elected officers, who are also its trustees, together with its Musical Director and Accompanist), , according to its approved rules and constitution. TNGS operates a website (www.thenewgreasleysingers.co.uk) and a Facebook page.
Personal Data and the rights of the individual
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides individuals with significant rights to the way their personal data is collected, processed and shared by organisations. TNGS fully supports these rights and any personal data collected by the choir will only be used to enable the efficient management of the choir, including its communications with supporters and others who have expressed an interest in receiving news of the choir’s activities.
The GDPR provides the following rights to individuals:
1. The right to be informed what data is collected from them
2. The right of access to that data
3. The right to have the data amended if it is inaccurate
4. The right to have the data removed from systems
5. The right to restrict how the data is used
6. The right to data portability
7. The right to object to the data being collected and processed
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
TNGS is the ‘data processor’ and decides how personal data is collected and used.
TNGS will never share anyone’s personal data with other organisations without the express consent of the individual.
TNGS does not collect personal data from any source other than its own interactions with individuals.
What data we collect and process
TNGS collects and processes data relating to individuals in the following ways:
1. Personal data, including contact details, are held to allow efficient management of the choir by its Committee. Positive consent (the lawful basis for processing this data) is required before any of this data is used for its identified purposes, except where necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid, or in the case of a contract with the data subject.
2. The choir distributes an occasional email newsletter (known as the TNGS Keep In Touch service) from its website to those who have expressed an interest in receiving it. The personal data, which consists of a greeting name and email address is stored within the administration area of the choir website and is collected via a hard copy form or online request form on the TNGS website. Other related data collected by this system are logs of when newsletters are sent and delivery notifications. All email newsletters sent to these individuals include an ‘unsubscribe’ link which, if used, will cease the newsletter distribution to that individual and remove their data from the website. The lawful basis for using this personal data is legitimate interest – its use is regarded as being what would be reasonably expected of the choir to operate a useful news service to individuals.
The choir website – www.thenewgreasleysingers.co.uk
Most websites make use of ‘cookies’ which are small text files that are downloaded onto devices such as a computer, smartphone or tablet, when the website is accessed. They allow the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions and can be used to check the usage of individual pages to enable the website administrator to make appropriate amendments to the content.
TNGS’s website will occasionally make use of tracking software, such as Google Analytics, which allows the administrator to assess how often individual pages are accessed.
The choir’s website also links to resources held on YouTube and cookies are used to ensure this service is delivered to the user in the most efficient way. This data is anonymised.
To find out more about cookies, including how to control and delete them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
All communications regarding this Privacy Notice should, in the first instance, be sent to the TNGS Secretary at [email protected]
This Privacy Notice will be regularly reviewed and, should amendments be required, website visitors will be notified and be required to read and accept the revised notice before the full functionality of the website is available.
You can open a copy of TNGS Privacy Notice to print or save.
You can open a copy of TNGS Data Protection Policy to print or save.